The San Francisco mine commenced operations in 2010 and has produced over 820,000 ounces of gold. The mine is situated in the north central portion of the state of Sonora, Mexico, approximately 150 kilometers (km) north of the state capital city of Hermosillo. The project is comprised of two previously mined open pits (San Francisco and La Chicharra), together with heap leach processing facilities, and associated infrastructure located close to the San Francisco pit. Currently, the leach pads are on a residual leach cycle with no mining being conducted.
Magna restarted mining and processing operations during Q3 2020.
LOCATION: Santa Ana, Sonora, Mexico
OWNERSHIP: 100% owned
LAND POSITION: 47,395 Ha
STATUS: Production ramp up, recommenced production in June 2020 from Open Pit and in September 2020 from Underground Mine.
METALS: Gold and Silver
MINERAL RESOURCES: M&I: 99,700,000 t grading 0.446 g/t Au, 1,430,000 oz Au (refer to the NI 43-101 F1 Technical Report, PFS for the San Francisco Gold Project, Sonora, Mexico, dated August 28, 2020 with an effective date as of August 8, 2020.
MINING & PROCESSING CONCEPT:
- Open pit and underground mining and heap leach processing.
- PFS completed on an 8-year Mine life.
- Optimization studies in progress.
- Past producing open pit heap leach gold operation that commenced operations in 2010 and produced over 820,000 ounces of gold, achieving yearly production over 100,000 ounces on several occasions.
- 21 contiguous concessions totaling 47,395 ha
- Comprised of 2 previously mined open pits, together with heap leach processing facilities and associated infrastructure.
- Total crushing capacity of 22,000 tpd.
- Currently ramping up production (average 69,000 oz per year) between 2021 and 2028.
- Open pits, underground mine, mining equipment, processing facilities, and site infrastructure all in excellent condition.
- Mineral reserves of 758,000 ounces and mineral resources of 1,430,000 ounces (refer to the NI 43-101 F1 Technical Report, PFS for the San Francisco Gold Project, Sonora, Mexico, dated August 28, 2020 with an effective date as of August 8, 2020)”.